The Central Committee called for the following programme of action in the coming days:
- The Party will conduct a sustained campaign against the communal forces and for the protection of the minorities. It will work for a broad mobilization against the Hindutva communal forces. The Party demands firm action against the terrorist groups indulging in mindless violence.
- The Central Committee calls upon all Party units to observe a “Week Against Communalism and Terrorism” from October 30 to November 5.
- The Central Committee calls upon the Party units to continue the struggle to demand steps to curb price rise. It should step up the struggle for the adequate supply of rations, issuance of ration cards and against black marketing.
- Party units should work for the implementation of the Forest Rights Act for the tribal people and for the proper implementation of the Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
- The Party will campaign against the UPA government’s pro-imperialist policy including the surrender to the US on the nuclear deal. The Party strongly protests the Indo-US naval exercises which will begin on October 24 on the West Coast.
- The CPI(M) will organize protests on October 24 all along the West Coast by holding rallies and demonstrations in Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka and Kerala against the “Malabar Exercises”.