January 25, 2011

TRANSLATION OF EXCERPTS FROM TRINAMOOL CONGRESS MP, KABIR SUMAN’S BOOK

ANNEXURE – III

 
TRANSLATION OF EXCERPTS FROM TRINAMUL CONGRESS MP, KABIR SUMAN’S BOOK: “NISHANER NAAM TAPASHI MALIK” (THE NAME OF THE FLAG IS TAPASI MALIK)
 
“DEDICATION

• Friend and activist Asim Giri

• Ordinary supporters of all political parties who lose their lives, habitats and dignity in political clashes

• Leader of CPI(Maoist) Kishenji, who has honoured me by proposing my name as a mediator in the peace talks between the Indian Government and Maoists”

Pages 147-148:

“A meeting of the krishijomi-raksha committee (save farmland committee) was held at Trinamul Bhavan on 6th November (2007). I hired a car to reach there. When Asim and I reached there, we found several eminent persons. Retired IAS officers Debabrata Bandopadhyaya and Murshed were there….Those present at the meeting at Trinamul Bhavan included Trinamul leaders Sougata Roy, Sovandeb Chatterjee, PDS leader Samir Putatunda, two activists Raja Sarkhel and Prasun Chtterjee who are presently in jail charged under the draconian UAPA, Bhaskar Gupta and Anup Banerjee of TASAM organisation, Naxalites Purnendu Bose, Pradeep Banerjee and Dola Sen and many others. I was so excited and angry that I could not notice properly who else were there.

I had a few words with Mamata in an adjacent room a while back in the presence of Sunanda Sanyal. Mamata was visibly angry. I told her – After what I saw in Satengabari and the way the CPIM is indiscriminately attacking and killing the villagers there, I cannot think about anything else other than armed resistance….”

No comments: